Supercharge Your Camera System
Supercharge Your Camera System
Is your security camera system doing all it can for your business? Camera System Video Analytics will increase your return on investment and supercharge your security system.
If you thought a security camera system is just for recording imagery of what happened …. then it’s time to think again.
Video Analytics _ Supercharge your Security Camera
What is Video Analytics?
Video Analytics, is a generic term used to describe computerized processing and analysis of video streams.
Video Analytics applications can perform a variety of tasks ranging from real-time analysis of video for immediate events of interest, to analysis of prior recorded video for the purpose of extracting events and data to provide data or seek specific images or change in image.
Simply put, video analytics provides powerful data information from analysing the movement of images within your security camera recordings.
Video Analytic Objectives;
- Motion detection: many people already use this on their existing CCTV systems. However, it is the first available analytic available on most systems. Advanced features of analytics would provide additional features, such as, penetration of unauthorized people / vehicles into restricted areas, tailgating of people / vehicles through secure checkpoints, vehicles stopped in no-parking zones, highways or roads;
- Real time event detection: I.E. climbing fences, trespassing, wrong way, unauthorised entry;
- People counting: have regular statistics provided for entry and exit points.
- Heat mapping: visually see via a colour overlay, where the busiest areas of the vision are;
- Behaviour Detection: identify if persons are moving in the wrong direction, or if someone is loitering for longer than normal periods (duration of stay); speed + u-turn + change of direction + slip and fall + running + crowd gathering + suspicious behaviour.
- Licence Plate Recognition: record licence plates of cars entering your premises, and open a gate if the licence plate is accepted.
- Thermal Imaging: there are a multitude of applications for this special camera. Can be used for perimeter security or watching machinery to identify heat flare ups, for identifying the hottest areas of a bush fire, to identifying cows with the flu…
- Abandoned Objects:
- Graffiti Detection:
- Retail Management: theft or missing product, loitering, hot spots, path of travel and many more to effectively review your shops information.
- Queue Management: monitor your venue for the amount of time spent in queues of your clients. . The information can also be used to compare staff performance, by providing quantity of persons processed in a queue and their average wait time (99% accuracy).
- Facial Recognition: this feature can have many applications dependant on the clients requirement. A great feature for shopping centres that need to handle lost children.. Facial Recognition can also be used to identify problem persons who have been banned from premises, such as Pubs and Clubs or Sporting Events.
Review 3 video analytic scenarios by clicking the following links
Contact us to see if video analytics can assist your business.
- Posted on 13-09-16
- Posted in Security Camera Systems