Locks & Keys for home or business
There are many locks for many specific purposes.
Putting together a functional door is not always an easy task. Our experience will assist you to make the best decision within your budget.
Function is the primary component in deciding on which lock is right for your door and application.
- Do people need to exit easily without a key?
- Does the door need to be self-latching?
- What typical usage will the lock be exposed to? High, Medium or Low usage.
- Will you want a restricted keying system to control who can get keys duplicated?
Primary functions of locksets generally include;
- Entrance_ key outside unlocks outside/inside handle, snib inside locks outside/inside handle
- Classroom_ key outside unlocks outside handle, inside handle always free to egress
- Storeroom_ key outside retracts latch only, inside handle always free to egress
- Office_ key outside unlocks outside handle, inside snib locks outside handle only, inside handle always free to egress
- Double cylinder_ key inside/outside locks/unlocks both inside/outside handles
- Privacy_ inside snib locks outside handles, external mechanism for emergency entry
- Passage_ both handles always free to turn
- Deadlock _ there are 2 types of deadlocks;
- Deadlatch_ when shut the deadlatch mechanism prevents “carding” the door open, normally associated with locks with a keyed outside handle
- Deadbolt_ a non-latching, key/snib driven security bolt
Additional to door locks are locking solutions for Gates, Cupboards, Letterboxes, Tool boxes, Electrical Cabinets, Drawers, Trailers, Lockers, and list goes on.
Today keys can have a wide interpretation for a locksmith.
- door lock keys
- automotive keys
- swipe cards and fobs
- radio frequency remotes
- code pads
- combination locks
Most people think of the metal keys dangling from your keyring when the word “key” is mentioned. FRANKsecure are professional key cutters. We can duplicate household generic keys, and we can cut keys to code, which means the key cut is NOT DUPLICATED but is like an originally manufactured key. We do this for most automotive keys and always for a registered master key.