Back to base alarm monitoring
What is back to base monitoring?
- A 3rd party organisation who receives alarm event notifications from your alarm system.
- Upon specific instructions, this organisation will in turn notify nominated persons to advise the situation and if required organise a security patrol or medical response appropriate to the situation.
- Back to base monitoring is purely a notification service.
- Back to base monitoring is not a replacement for your own emergency procedures and actions.
- The effectiveness of a back to base monitoring service is reliant on your involvement and understanding of your alarm system operations and set-up.
- The effectiveness of a back to base monitoring service is reliant on you maintaining a serviced and working alarm system.
Do I need back to base monitoring?
- Yes, if you wish to claim a discount on your contents insurance policy.
- Yes, if you business is required by insurance to be monitored.
- Yes, if your alarm system is not capable of communicating to you with relevant information to action alarm events.
- Yes, if you wish certain action on alarm events in your absence (eg overseas or interstate on holidays).
- Yes, if your self-monitored alarm system cannot “ring” your mobile phone. Many self-monitored alarm systems rely solely on notifications to your mobile phone which may not be sufficient to alert you (eg when sleeping, or leaving a missed call notification).
- Yes, if you require medical or duress action on certain alarm events.
Guard response to alarm events?
- Yes, particularly for business alarm systems. FRANKsecure do not recommend you attend a burglary event alone.
- Yes, a guard will verify if there are signs of a break-in, such as open or broken doors and windows.
- If a guard response is desired it is essential to ensure the guard has dignified access to your property. They will not jump fences or enter properties with roaming dogs.
- Be aware! Guards will almost never arrive in time to capture thieves in action.
- Guard services are an additional cost over and above your annual monitoring service fee.
Police response to alarm events?
- Be aware! Police will not attend break & enter alarm events unless it is verified the event is still in progress and/or verified a persons’ well being is at risk.
- Police have many response calls to attend, and they are prioritised according to persons’ at risk. A burglary event that has past is not a high priority response call.
How do I arrange back to base monitoring?
Whether you have an existing alarm system or thinking about having an alarm system installed a FRANKsecure technician (or your own security licensed technician) will be required to program the alarm system to communicate with our back to based monitoring service provider.
Communication methods can include one or multiple of the following;
- PSTN landline monitoring
- GSM sim card monitoring
- GPRS data sim card monitoring
- IP internet data monitoring
You do not need to be a FRANKsecure technician client to take advantage of our great value monitoring prices. You can retain the services of your preferred service technician and you can be anywhere in Australia.
PSTN and GSM monitoring are the cheaper annual monitoring services but they do incur call costs every time the alarm system dials out to send event messages to the monitoring service provider.
GPRS and IP internet monitoring do cost more per year but there are no further call cost as the events are transmitted across open data networks.
GSM, GPRS and IP monitoring are becoming more popular as homes in particular cease to have PSTN landline services.
To sign-up for a FRANKsecure alarm system back to base monitoring service you will receive a Quote Form with your monitoring options and the terms and conditions of accepting a monitoring service.
Please sign this form and return to FRANKsecure by post, fax or email.
After this process you will receive notice of when the process can be activated and the Alarm Event Response Form will be required to be completed.
This form is the most important document to complete to ensure we can organise the correct response to your alarm events.
Feel free to make contact to discuss the options and in particular if you need assistance in designing any custom response to your alarm events.
Cancelling Your Monitoring Service
Cancelling Your Monitoring Service
No problems! But there are a couple of essential requirements;
- A cancellation request needs to be in writing and signed. Yes, we will set-up a security service no problems and with little bureaucracy, but to stop a security service we need to confirm that the request has come from the rightful person.
- Decommission of the alarm system is important to avoid future error messages on the alarm system as it will continue attempts to dial the monitoring service provider if the phone number is not removed from the programming and converted to a local alarm mode.