A good safe is likely to be your best investment towards securing your valuables. Choose wisely and don’t jump at the cheapest model you find, look into the attributes and quality of features to represent the best value for your circumstances.
Safes perform one of the most important functions of any security system, they stop the removal of your valuables.
A number of attributes should be considered when looking at purchasing a safe.
- They are not all made the same. There are differences in the amount of steel, the type of steel, single walled, double walled or triple walled, and then what is used to infill between the walls.
- Fire or security protection. Possibly you require both.
- The size. You will inadvertently find more items than originally thought that you could secure. Naturally the larger the safe the more items you can secure.
- The security rating. The general rule of thumb is the bigger/heavier the container the longer it would take for someone to break-in to it.
Many cheaper safes are cheaper due to the lack of steel used in the construction of the safe. often a cheap safe will be up to one third of the weight of a similar sized quality steel safe. The weight difference is purely in the amount of steel used. The more steel the heavier the safe the more secure it will be to resist attacks. The locking mechanism is another aspect of major difference between the cheaper safes and more moderately priced safes. Not only the actual locking but also it is the locking mechanism of the cheaper safes which make then easy for a locksmith to open and subsequently easier for a thief to open. You will often find cheaper safes have a key override. Any secondary opening mechanism means a compromise in overall security as it becomes a second point of attack in opening a safe.
The FRANKsecure showroom is full of new and used safes. Used Safes provide amazing value and you may pick up the deal of the year.
Home & Office Safes
Steel plate security safes. Suggested insurable value $5,000.00
Our ranges include security features such as relockers and hard plate protecting the lock.
Our Standard home / office safes offer excellent value for money for the budget conscious and those seeking a higher quality safe than the hardware store safes. 2 model sizes available. From $340.00
The Premium home / office safes offer higher protection and security features over the standard home/office safe above. 3 model sizes available. From $449.00
You can view these safes in our Arundel Showroom.
Fire & Burglary Home Safes
FA22E 222mmH x 352mmW x 300mm D 31kg 1 fixed shelf
[internal 182h x 312w x 210d ] 12 litre capacity
FA35E 352mmH x 452mm x 350mmD 56kg 1 adjustable shelf
[internal 312h x 412w x 260d] 33 litre cap.
FA55E 552mmH x 452mmW x 260mmD 76kg 2 adjustable shelves
[internal 512h x 412w x 260d] 55 litre cap.
6mm steel body and 8mm steel door
designed to provide 1/2hr fire protection with expanding fire seal around door
25mm locking bolts, re-locking device in FA35E & FA55E, UL rated digital lock on hardened steel plate
- 15 litre
- 44 kg
- Exterior dim. 320mm high x 435mm wide x 380mm deep
- Interior dim. 205mm high x 320mm wide x 232mm deep
- 27 litre
- 55 kg
- Exterior dim. 360mm high x 495mm wide x 445mm deep
- Interior dim. 245mm high x 380mm wide x 297mm deep
- 50 litre
- 77 kg
- Exterior dim. 560mm high x 495mm wide x 445mm deep
- Interior dim. 445mm high x 380mm wide x 297mm deep
- $1,304.00 CL40E Electronic version
- $1,192.00 CL40S Keyed version
FRANKsecure stock the Secuguard range of deposit safes.
Manage your cash, keys or other requirements easily and quickly with a deposit safe. Single chamber or dual chamber containers are available allowing access to one whilst not the other.
Postal Slot Deposit Safes and Deposit Chute Safes.
Fire and Data Safes
Chubb Fire & Data Cabinets
Data media (CD, DVD or tape) also requires the same protection from heat except the cabinet must prevent the internal temperature exceeding only 55 degrees Celsius.
Archive Cabinet _ a fire resistant large capacity storage cabinet, not rated but designed to resist fire at a reasonable price. Choice of 4 sizes starting at 325 to 880 litres capacity from $1,859.00
DPC Fire Resistant Document Cabinet _ a commercially certified fire cabinet offering 4 sizes including 2 double door models from 240 to 670 litre capacity from $2,409.00
Fire File _ filing cabinet style storage protecting your files in a choice of 2 or 4 drawer models in either 1 or 2 hr ratings.
DataGuard NT Data Media Safe _ certified to 120 minutes for media protection, 3 size models to choose from 48 to 128 litre capacity from $1,750.00
DataPlus Data Media Safe _ certified to 120 minutes fire protection and to level S2 for burglary should you desire both data and security protection for your contents. 5 models ranging from 111 to 556 litres and from $7,909.00
Depending on your requirements there are a range of optional accessories to fit-out your data cabinet in the most functional means for your situation;
- removable shelves
- lockable compartments
- pull-out shelves / platforms / drawers
- suspended files rack
- data media inserts (for use inside standard fire protection cabinets or to fortify additional protection for sensitive media)